STI Home upgrade to STI InformationNow
The Starkville School District is upgrading STI Home, the district's online student information system for grades, homework, discipline and attendance, to STI InformationNOW, commonly referred to as InformationNOW or INOW. InformationNOW is the latest generation of Education Data Management Systems from STI, and it is entirely web-based making it easier than ever to use and access for parents and teachers.
The District plans to launch INOW after Labor Day. In the meantime, parents will not have access to STI Home. We realize the timing is not ideal as we would have liked to launch this new system with the start of school, but technology upgrades can be tedious and time consuming, requiring much training. We ask for your patience and understanding as we work to provide parents with more information than ever before to help their children succeed at school and at home. We believe this new system will be worth the effort.
InformationNOW for Parents
Much like STI home, Parent Portal is an integrated component of InformationNOW. Parents will still be able to access their child's data from anywhere, anytime, but INOW provides parents with even more information, and parents will need to remember only one login regardless of the number of children enrolled in the district. Other features include:
* Attendance by period or minute and all check-ins and outs
* Progress reports, report card grades, class averages, individual activities and unofficial transcripts
* Student schedule by term
* Homework assignments
* Discipline reports
* School calendar and announcements
* Demographic information from the student's record
* RSS feeds/alerts
* Each parent has only one login regardless of number of children enrolled in the district
* Each parent or guardian can have his/her own unique log-in
* Hyperlinks are available within portal
InformationNOW for Teachers
Since INOW is entirely web based, it will be easier than ever for teachers to access an all in one comprehensive electronic Grade Book from school or home. Teacher Portal is an integrated component of InformationNOW through which teachers can:
* Record attendance (both daily and period)
* Record grades for specific activities
* Create, copy and share lesson plans
* Post lesson plans directly into Grade Book to reduce time and posting errors
* Relate activities to standards
* Post homework assignments
* View information from the student's record
* Create and assign seating charts
* Print teacher-specific reports
* Print cumulative progress reports by teacher by student
* Set up her/his own grading calculations
* Import grades and formative assessment results from STIAssessment
* Utilize conventional and standards based reporting
Parents will receive a letter in the mail with their child's PIN number to access INOW. The letter will also include step by step instructions about how to use INOW.
Thank you in advance for your continued support of the District's effort to further expand communication from school to home.
When this change is complete, a link will be created for your convenience on the SSD website.